Please see the disclaimer.
During this time of COVID-19, there have been a lot of people insisting that we should all trust the “experts” and follow them. That is a terrible idea!
Here are the reasons why:
- Experts don’t know everything. They are human; they only know so much.
- Experts, by definition, know a lot about one thing and know little about other things.
- Experts don’t know the particulars about your situation.
- Experts can get a situation wrong.
- Experts lie. Dr. Anthony Fauci said he lied about masks.
- Experts are biased.
- Experts can only take into account so many variables when all factors matter.
- Experts forget to follow the Precautionary Principle.
You can take their opinions into account, but you must always think for yourself.
Doing otherwise is submitting to the Tyranny of Expert Opinions.